Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Wet Day - A Wet Dog

I was horrified to learn recently that there is a lot of information out there telling people that Chihuahuas don't need much exercise. This is NOT TRUE! I need as much exercise as the next pup and when I don't get it, I feel on edge and find myself nearly unable to control my urges to do things I know I shouldn't do and that seem to upset my family and the cat (but honestly I don't mind upsetting the cat much...even though I know I shouldn't).

As you can see from my photo, yesterday's walk was in the pouring rain. Fortunately, I have a good coat to keep my core warm and dry and I enjoyed tromping through the woods with my big sister, Zoe and my mom. Zoe is 13 years my elder, and much bigger than me, but we love to walk together and I admire her for still trotting through the woods when she is so old. She doesn't hear so well anymore, so I help her out and let her know when I hear something in the woods and we go check it out together. It is very fun! It is also super great when mom gives us tiny treats along the way and it really helps me to remember to go to her when she calls me, even though there are so many cool smells and sounds in the woods.

When we got home yesterday from our very wet walk, my mom toweled us off and gave us each a yummy treat, then I got to curl up in my favorite red down blanket on my mom's lap. I warmed up and dried out in no time and I can't wait to go out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment